We hope everyone is finding time to enjoy all this summer sun. Look for news below about ways to have fun outside in August and more! Watch the short video below of the Junior Racers July Camp at Strathcona Park Lodge.
We’re continuing our run/hike series on Sundays this month. Join the running group or the hiking group for 2-3 hours on the trails. Everyone welcome!
This Sunday, August 12:
- Meet at the Raven Lodge parking lot
- Be ready to go at 10am sharp
- Dress for the weather (and remember your sunscreen!)
- Bring your own hydration and snack
This Sunday, we’ll be hiking out Jutland, round the back of the mountain to the old copper mine, and then up to the top of the mountain. Hike, run, or take the chairlift down.
Watch for more Sunday hikes on the website. Hope you see you there!
Mtn Biking Biathlon
The Vancouver Island Biathlon Club invites interested club members to join in their Mountain Biking Biathlon Race on Saturday, August 18.
Registration is $15-$20/person. Registration deadline is August 15!
Visit their website to learn more. Email to register email@example.com
The Victoria Orienteering Club is holding two orienteering events on the North Island this weekend:
* Saturday, August 11 in Comox in the North East Woods (back of Highland School field at the corner of Pritchard/Torrence)
* Sunday, August 12 in Parksville at Top Bridge Regional Park (Directions here)
Both events have a free “Learn-to-Orienteer” course for beginners. There are also competitive race categories. See their website for more information.
If you are looking for more West Coast fun, West Coast Expeditions still have a few seats on the following trips this season:
* 5-day Base Camp – August 17, 27 & Sept. 3
* 7-day Base Camp – August 16
* 7-day Bunsby Island Expedition – August 22 (for experienced kayakers only)
As new club sponsors, they offer a 15% discount to Strathcona Nordics members for these remaining seats this season – it would be fun to get more of the club out paddling with us!
Learn more about their trips on their website or catch the latest on their facebook page.