To get the most out of your SNSC programs, you want to be prepared with the right clothing and gear. Here are a few tips to help you get ready.
Clothing and Equipment
During the course of the 10-week season, expect to encounter all types of weather, with various combinations of sun, cold, wind, rain, and snow. Dressing in layers is a great way to keep warm and dry, and removing layers is an option if the weather is warmer than expected. Remember to protect your eyes with sunglasses. Please ensure that you are dressed and ready to go for your program at 10 am. (Remember to eat a good breakfast that includes hydrating beverages.)
Mt Washington Nordic’s Rental Prices for 10-week SNSC programs
Mount Washington Nordic rentals (downstairs in the Raven lodge) offer a reduced rate on nordic ski equipment rentals to all SNSC program participants. The prices below include renting boots, skis, and poles for both skate and classic techniques for you. Note: This is a list of rental prices packages for the whole season, good for any day you come up to ski!
10-week Rental Package prices for winter 2014
||$158 + tax
|Youth (13-18) & Seniors
||$158 + tax
||$83 + tax
|Tot (5 and under)
||$58 + tax
- Rentals can be arranged as soon as the mountain is open for their season (scheduled opening for December 6, 2013 ), and should be completed before Jan. 5, 2014.
- Please tell the rental staff whether classic or skate skis are needed at least one week in advance, so they can have the skis ready for you.
- Rentals must be returned by 3:15 pm on Sundays and at 7:30 pm on Saturdays.
- All other rentals (i.e., those not renting on the 10 week programs) are at regular rates and these people need to line up.
Mount Washington Nordic Trail Passes
Program fees don’t include Mount Washington’s trail fees. If planning on skiing outside of program days, consider purchasing a nordic season’s pass from Mount Washington (note their September 30 earlybird deadline!) If you think you will only ski on program days, Mount Washington offers a reduced rate Program trail pass to cover the 10 sessions, at a discounted rate. Please purchase your pass(es) before the first day to avoid the rush. NOTE: These passes only work on your program day, either Saturday or Sunday during the program. If you ski on another day, you need to buy a day trail pass or half day trail pass.
10-week Trail passes:
- Passes can be purchased from the rental counter in the Raven Lodge beginning on Mount Washington’s opening day (scheduled for December 6, 2013).
- The 10-week trail passes are valid for the whole day of your session (either on Saturdays or on Sundays, program start day to end day).
- The 10-week trail passes are available to all registered SNSC program participants.
- These reduced-rate passes are also available for parents and coaches of children enrolled in the Rabbits program.
- Bunny Program parent helpers (Bunnies are 5 years old and under) can receive a free trail pass at the Raven Lodge. The Bunny helper pass is only valid from 10am until noon.
- Bunnies, 5 years old and under, need a pass to be on the trails, and this pass is also free. Bunny passes are valid for all Bunny Rabbit sessions.
- All other Rabbit SDP helpers, parents, and coaches need to purchase a trail pass or have a season pass to be on the trails.
10-weekend Trail Pass prices for winter 2014
||$146.50 + tax
|Youth (13-18) & Senior
||$118.75 + tax
||$76.25 + tax
|Tot (5 and under)