The Strathcona Nordic Cup consists of 8 races spread through the 2012/2013 season. Skiers will receive a point for each event they participate in. There will be awards for the skier or skiers with the most points in each of the race age categories. Awards will be given at the end of season banquet.
Points will be given regardless of winning or losing, participation is the only requirement.
Last year big and small club members, like Alexandra and her dad Len, enjoyed the Twoonie Races.
Here are the corrected dates for the Strathcona Nordic Cup Race Series:
- Reindeer Race Sunday, Dec 30th - completed
- Twoonie race Sunday, Jan 27th 1:00pm- Poker run – completed
- Twoonie race Sunday, Feb 9th1:00pm – Team sprint – Teams of 2 will complete 6 laps of a sprint course, 3 laps each, in a relay format. Each team will be in a semi-final then a final heat so each skier will ski the course a total of 6 times.
- Twoonie race Saturday, Feb 17th 1:00pm - Timed ski - You tell us how long it will take you to ski a pre-determined course and we will time you. The predetermined courses will be posted 2 weeks ahead of the race.
- Coast Cup #3 Saturday, March 9th 11:00am – Individual start free technique - Participate in the Coast Cup race series and win points for our club!
- Coast Cup #4 Sunday, March 10th 10:00am – Mass start classic technique - Participate in the Coast Cup race series and win points for our club!
- Twoonie Saturday, March 16th 1:00pm – Skier cross – Crazy terrain and obstacles.
- Loppet Saturday, April 13th