SNSC Update — July 27, 2011
Come roller skiing with your fellow club members! Bring your roller skis or roller skates along with a helmet and roller ski poles to the workouts listed below. Bring a reflective vest as well if you have one.
- Thursday, July 28 at 7pm in Royston*, technique work
- Saturday, July 30 at 10am at Nymph Falls/Forbidden Plateau Rd, technique work
- Sunday, July 31 at 9am in Royston*, time trial
You may ask, “Why a time trial?” Coach Dave says that it’s good to keep racing to stay on top of your game and to keep challenging yourself. This time trial will be the first in our summer series.
In Royston, we’ll meet at the end of Cameron Road:
- From the lights in downtown Royston, turn uphill (away from the water) on Royston Road.
- After about 500metres, take the first left turn after the train tracks onto Cameron Road — it doesn’t look like much of a road, but it will open out into a new subdivision.
- Keep going straight to the end of the road and park there.
Watch for more run/hikes coming soon! Happy long weekend to everyone!
This weekend, we have two activities that all club members are welcome to participate in. Hope to see you on Saturday and on Sunday! (Remember to dress for the weather and to bring your own hydration and snack.)
Saturday, July 16
Everyone is welcome to attend this roller ski session with Coach Dave. Meet at Nymph Falls Park on Forbidden Plateau Road in Courtenay at 9am. Remember to bring your helmet with your roller skis and poles, and bring a reflective safety vest if you have one. Be ready for 1.5 to 2 hours of roller skiing.
Sunday, July 17
Join us on the all-club run/hike in the Snowdon Forest in Campbell River. Meet at the Elk Falls logging road bridge at 10am for approximately 2 hours of running and/or hiking.
Email email@example.com for more information. Check back soon for July updates!
Saturday, July 23
If you are looking for a fun challenge, try the last run in the Gutbuster trail running series. It’s a 6km run up Mount Washington, and you can take the chair lift down. For more information and to register, visit their website Gutbuster.
We hope your summer is off to a fantastic start. The Junior and Masters Racing Teams are well into their summer training regime, but it’s never too late to join them. This Sunday, you can join your fellow club members on another run/hike!
Our weekend all-club run/hike series continues this Sunday, July 10 as we explorer the Trent River trail in Royston.
- Meet at the Grassy Point Farm Market on the Island Highway (at Briardale just south of the Trent River bridge in Royston)
- Be ready to go at 10am
- Be prepared for approximately 2 hours of running or hiking
Remember to dress for the weather and bring your own hydration and snack. Join the walking group or faster running group. Everyone welcome!
We are hoping to schedule some excursions in the mountains this month (weather and trails permitting!) so check back to the website for run/hike schedule updates.