Despite the rain, summer is still in full swing, but many of us are beginning to think about fall. Look for news below about an upcoming race camp, the year-at-a-glance, a CCC contest, and more!
This Sunday, August 18 – we’re doing “The Cross Over” from Mount Washington to Forbidden Plateau. It is an approximate 4.5- to 5-hour run and a 6.5- to 7.5-hour hike. All participants should be ready for the longer challenge–ready for the terrain and weather with appropriate clothing, food, and water. Meet at the Starbucks parking lot on Cliffe Avenue at 8am in Courtenay to join the running group or the hiking group and to carpool to the trail head/tail (depending on which group you join).
This month we are reviewing this website, and we will be updating web pages. At the end of the month, you will be able to find updated program information here.
Here is a preview of the upcoming ski season. We’ll have more dates to add, but it looks like a fun season already! Look for special events, race camps, races, and coaching clinics.
Note: Some of the dates, such as Mount Washington’s deadline for earlybird pricing on Season’s Passes are just 6 weeks away!
- Strathcona Nordics 2013-2014
- Aug28-Se1 Dryland Camp BC Talent Squad
- Sept 13-15 Teck Regional Camp
- Sept 26-29 Dryland Camp BC Ski Team/Dev Squad
- Sept 30 Earlybird Deadline Mt Washington Season Passes
- Oct 1 Program Registration opens for SNSC programs for 2013/2014
- Oct 26 SNSC AGM & Ski Swap
- Nov 1 Winter Race team programs begin
- Nov 1-2 Coaching Workshop – Intro to Community Coaching (ICC)
- Nov 9 Fundraiser Dinner Event!
- Nov 14-17 Snow Camp BC Ski Team/Dev Squad/Talent Squad
- Nov 15-17 Coaching Workshop – Learn to Train Dryland (L2T dryland)
- Nov 30 Earlybird Deadline for SNSC registration
- Dec 1 Coast Cup #1
- Dec 7-8 NorAm races
- Dec 11-21 World University Games
- Dec 13-15 Coaching Workshop – Community Coaching (CC)
- Dec 28 BCWG Trials Zone 6 & All-Club Race
- Dec 27-30 Teck Regional Snow Camp
- Jan 3-5 Coaching Workshop – Learn to Train On-snow (L2T on-snow)
- Jan 4-5 BC Cup #1
- Jan 11/12 2014 JackRabbit/Masters Rec programs begin
- Jan 18-19 Coast Cup #2/3
- Jan 25-26 BC Cup #2
- Feb 7-23 Winter Olympic Games
- Feb 8-9 Midget Championships
- Feb 14-16 Western Canadian Championships
- Feb 21-23 BC Winter Games
- Fe28-Mar1 BC Championships
- Mar 8-9 Coast Cup #4/5
- Mar 15-22 National Championships
- Mar 29 Vancouver Island Loppet
- Apr 5 ? Year End Club Banquet/Potluck
- May 2-4/5 May Camp
Teck regional fall camp
All racers are invited to attend a 2.5 day fall regional camp sponsored by Teck at the beautiful Miracle Beach Provincial Park in Black Creek. The camp begins on Friday, September 13 at 4pm and ends on Sunday, September 15 at 11am.
On Friday, families are welcome to attend a potluck dinner (more details coming soon). Masters, Devo, and Junior racers will be staying at the group campground. The cost is $50/Juniors/Masters and $40/Devos. This fee includes accommodation, training, and meals. Register before September 6.