There will be a Celebration of Life Memorial for Coach Dave Battison to be held on Sunday, July 6, 2014 .
▪ Doors open at 1pm
▪ Celebration from 2pm to 6pm
▪ Potluck snacks + cash bar
▪ Native Sons Hall, 360 Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, BC
If you would like to volunteer, please follow this link to the volunteer sign-up sheet. There are small and larger tasks, so scroll down the list.
Coming from out-of-town?
If you are coming to the celebration of life from out of town, we have club members with extra bedrooms. Please email Barb at info@StrathconaNordics.com to find a billet.
If you are a club member with an extra room, please email Barb at info@StrathconaNordics.com with the number and size of bed(s) and your phone number.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that any donations in Dave’s memory be directed towards supporting young athletes achieve their goals and/or coach mentoring and development, two things Dave was passionate about.
There are two options to direct donations:
1. The Strathcona Nordics Dave Battison Memorial Fund. This fund will be used to provide annual cross-country skiing bursaries to promising young skiers within the club. It will be funded through direct donations as well as club fundraising activities. The club is currently setting up a charitable project so that eligible donations into the fund could receive a tax receipt. In the meantime, any donations or pledges (until the charitable project is ready) can be delivered at the memorial or sent by mail to Strathcona Nordics Ski Club, Box 3085, Courtenay, BC V9N 5N3. Please mark any donations in memorium to Dave Battison and indicate if you would like a tax receipt. For more information contact email@example.com
2. The Sofie Manarin Memorial Fund which recognises the top juvenile male and female athletes each year at Ski Nationals. Sofie was one of Dave’s most promising athletes who was tragically killed in an accident while training in 2001. Donations to Sofie’s fund in Dave’s memory can be made through the Sudbury Community Foundation, 96 Larch Street, Suite 300, Sudbury, Ontario, P3E 1C1, [(705) 673-7770] or electronically via https://www.canadahelps.org/dn/2506 Donations to the Sofie Manarin Memorial Fund are eligible for a tax receipt.
Dave Battison webpage
You can view the webpage to read a biography for our dear Coach Dave Battion, to see photos, and to read and share memories as well.